LEGO Power Functions Power Supply v1.5
After more than 18 months of development, we are happy to release the updated version of our power supply for the LEGO® Power Functions system. This power supply is the first in our new line of Intelligent Power accessories, meaning you can use it to control lighting effects using your Power Functions-compatible controllers.
LEGO Power Functions Power Source—Intelligent Power System Compatible
Use this power source with any of your Power Functions-compatible components, including:
- Any LEGO® Power Functions-compatible battery without controller
- LEGO® Power Functions Infrared Controller (Version 1 or 2)
- SBrick Controller (any version)
- PFx Brick Controller
- BuWizz Controller
This is the first product in our new line of Intelligent Power components. These are designed to work together in a system to connect any LEGO power source to the entire Brickstuff ecosystem of products. The Intelligent Power system also supports lighting and sound effect controllers that allow you to add features like automatic turn signals, reverse and brake lights, and directional headlights. We will be releasing new products in the Intelligent Power line over time. You can read more about the system on our User Forum.
This controller provides three outputs:
- One "always on" output with a large Brickstuff power port.
- One "always on" output with a small port that is compatible with Brickstuff Pico LED Lights as well as products manufactured by many 3rd party lighting companies including Light My Bricks, Briksmax, Game of Bricks, Lightailing, LeLightGo, and others.
- One Intelligent Control output that connects to our line of Intelligent Power lighting effect controllers (soon to be released). This is the connection that enables effects like automatic turn signals, reverse lights, and directional headlights.
Because of the modular nature of this power supply, you can start with the "always on" power it provides and expand later to include lighting effects.
This power supply features a highly-efficient switching power controller that provides up to one amp (1A, or 1000mA) of power. This is enough power to light hundreds of LED lights, so you can use this power supply for your largest installations. The power controller on this improved version of the power supply generates twice the output power of our old version.
Remember, because this power supply also has a small power output port, you can use it with many non-Brickstuff lighting systems produced by other companies such as Light My Bricks, Brixmax, Lightailing, LeLightGo, and others. If it has a small power plug that looks like the ones on our original Pico LED Lights, you can use it with this power supply!
NOTE: This is not a LEGO® product. LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO® group of companies, which does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this product.