Pico LED Light Board Starter Kit for LEGO® Models
This starter kit is the perfect way to put light into really small spaces. It includes eight Brickstuff Pico LED Light Boards, each of which measures just 4mm round. The Light Boards will fit inside LEGO® bricks, and the connectors will fit through stud holes!
Use the included adapter boards to create chains of light boards or light strips (sold separately), and you can add light to even the largest model project-- everything is modular, and everything works together seamlessly. The included connecting cables are made from very thin and flexible wire, so you can easily hide them in your installation for added realism. Unlike other light modules that use 12V or 24V, these use 5V DC and are ready to use with any microcontroller or robotics project—no need for complicated resistor calculations (though if you use them with a microcontroller, make sure to keep in mind that all eight boards use about 100mA-- watch your microcontroller's current capacity)! The boards produce almost no heat, allowing for installation in the smallest spaces.
This kit includes:
- Eight Pico Light Boards with warm white LEDs and adapter boards to connect them to a 5V DC power source. Each Pico LED has a luminous flux of 560-720mcd.
- One 3xAA battery pack with on/off switch. Each battery pack can power 100 LEDs or more, depending on how the LEDs are connected and the type of batteries used.
- Seven adapter boards to allow connection of the Light Boards in various configurations. We offer several suggestions for mounting lights in our online guides, which are available at http://bit.ly/brickguides.
- Seven connecting cables (one 24” cable, two 12" cables, two 6" cables, and two short cables) to connect to power or other Brickstuff lights.
- 16 self-adhesive squares allow mounting in just about any location or configuration.
NOTE: This is not a LEGO® product. LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO® group of companies, which does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this product.