LEGO Ideas Ecto-1 Light and Sound Kit (Set #21108)
UPDATE July 1, 2022: This product has been discontinued.
NOTE: this kit is for the smaller Ecto-1, LEGO® set #21108 from 2014.
As of February, 2022, we have entered our final production round for this kit. What you see in stock is all that we will be making, ever. Once they're gone, they're gone!
Light and Sound Kit for the LEGO® Ideas Ghostbusters Ecto-1 (#21108)
The Ecto-1 is one of our favorite LEGO® models, and we've probably had more requests for a light kit for this model than for any other LEGO® set.
For over three years, we've worked to refine the design of the kit, making the electronics more advanced and more compact with each revision while keeping the installation super simple. All of the lights are pre-mounted into easy-to-install assemblies (one for the roof, one for the hood, one for the spotlight, and two for the tail lights). Although this is one of our most advanced kits ever, it's also one of the easiest and quickest to install.
What makes this kit so special? It's packed with features you can't find in any other LEGO® Ecto-1 lighting kit on the market:
- 4-channel radio remote control with 50+ ft range—it works through walls and controls all aspects of your Ecto-1. Each remote is also linked to its receiver, so multiple remotes will not cause interference.
- Amazing Ecto-1 sound provided by a small speaker than mounts underneath the car while still allowing clearance for the wheels.
- Realistic rotating light effect for the roof beacons. Every other kit for the Ecto-1 has either flashing lights or no lights for the roof beacons.
- Adjustable brightness for the headlights and spotlight, plus adjustable rotation speed for the roof beacons (all controlled with the remote).
- Adjustable volume for the Ecto-1 sound.
You use the included remote to manage all functions, so you can control everything after you've mounted your light kit and put your Ecto-1 into action.
Because seeing is believing, here is a demonstration video of this awesome kit in action. Make sure your sound is turned up to hear the siren! This is the actual onboard sound included with the kit. (if you have trouble viewing the video below, you can also watch it on YouTube here).
As you can see in the photos above, the kit's electronics and wiring are so compact that you'll still have room inside your vehicle for a driver after installing the kit!
Many customers ask if it is possible to create a fully self-contained power system for the Ecto-1. The answer is yes, using our compact rechargeable battery power source AND the special rechargeable lithium batteries mentioned on the product page.
Last Batch Details
- Please note that these kits are made on an on-demand basis, as orders come in, so your kit may take 2-3 weeks to ship.
- NOTE: the prices above do not include customs duties or VAT. If you live outside the United States, you are responsible for paying any customs or VAT charges that may be due. See this page for more details.
NOTE: This is not a LEGO® product. LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this product.